Location: Cape Town & Remote
Education level: Tertiary
Job level: Mid
Now Boarding is looking for a Digital Project Manager to join our fun-loving, dynamic and innovative team. We create captivating digital products and brands, and we work with well-known South African and global brands, corporates and startups. No two projects are ever the same!
Our specialisations are Product UX/UI Design, Brand Development and Strategy, but our team also works on traditional brand, marketing and above the line campaigns with an array of brilliant partners.
We thrive on collaborative, long-term relationships with our clients and we’re passionate about results-driven, conceptual thinking. What sets us apart from many agencies is that we work in a lean and agile environment, and we like to move fast!
Project Management is a core part of our value offering. We’re looking for a Project Manager who enjoys engaging with clients and can keep a number of projects running successfully in parallel. A few years experience in Project Management is key, with some technical knowledge being strongly advantageous.
If you’re a strong team player and believe that our clients and partners will love working with you, we’d like to hear from you.
Our new Project Manager will…
- Manage projects from proposal stage to delivery, in conjunction with our Lead Project Manager, Designers, Marketers and Directors.
- Take and prepare briefs and accurately relay relevant information to the team to ensure smooth and successful projects.
- Define project scope, goals, budgets, deliverables and dependencies in conjunction with our Lead Project Manager.
- Prepare the necessary documentation to ensure smooth and successful projects.
- Work closely with the directors, strategists and studio in an agile and supportive ecosystem, to maximise each project’s success.
- Prepare project timelines and work with creative, operations and traffic to ensure milestones and deadlines are met.
- Bring in the relevant team members, at the right times, to support you in achieving your goals.
- Keep clients informed throughout projects and manage expectations.
- Identify risks upfront and effectively mitigate and manage these with our crew and clients.
- Ensure that projects are on time, and on budget.
- Report to the Lead Project Manager on project profitability and future project optimisation suggestions.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Relevant tertiary education
- Project management experience (preferably with some technical knowledge or background)
- Strong communication skills
- A process-driven mindset
- Financial aptitude and ability to manage budgets
- A positive attitude with the ability to rally a team
- The ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
We’re looking for someone who…
- Learns fast and is able to understand complex briefs, extract the relevant information, simplify and brief the team on the requirements.
- Is highly organised and detail orientated.
- Is passionate about process and efficiency.
- Loves digital and technology.
- Works effectively under pressure while keeping the team calm and motivated.
- Takes initiative, doesn’t wait for instruction and can manage their own time.
- Is completely dependable.
- A natural problem-solver and able to pull a project back on track when the unexpected comes up.
- Can effectively manage clients, even when things aren’t going quite to plan.
Why we think you’ll love working with us…
- Projects across a wide variety of industries.
- Working with clients of all sizes, from startups to corporates, both local and international.
- Our fun, creative, crazy, talented and incredibly smart team.
- Flexi-time; remote and in our shared office space in the Cape Town CBD.
- Strong, collaborative relationships with our clients.
“At Now Boarding, I feel cared about. My professional growth and happiness is a priority. I am not part of a team, but part of a family!” – Ronnie, UX/UI Designer
“No day is ever the same at Now Boarding. You’ll constantly get challenged and therefore learn and grow, which keeps the days interesting and exciting. We have great clients that truly appreciate our work, and the projects we work on really make an impact on people’s lives. We have an unbeatable company culture, with everyone helping each other achieve our collective goals. Oh, and did I mention the delicious daily lunches?” – Nele, Project Manager
“I love being surrounded by people that really believe in each other and in what we do.” – Saskia, UX/UI Designer
- Letter of Motivation
- CV, including examples of projects you have worked on previously
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note no applications will be accepted without the above items.
Should you not hear back from us within 4 weeks from post date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.