Remuneration: Market related
Location: Cape Town, Gardens
Education level: Tertiary
Job level: Junior to Mid
We’re looking for a dynamic, passionate Community Manager to join our fast-growing, agile and quirky digital and creative agency. At Now Boarding, we create captivating digital products, and help our clients take them to market. We work with well-known South African, African and global brands, corporates and startups.
We look after social communities across a variety of industries, and are looking for a Community Manager who loves helping people, speaks social like a second language, and can keep a number of social profiles running seamlessly in parallel. You’ll be responsible for implementing social media strategies and tactics, and for ensuring active and engaged communities. A track record in Community Management and copywriting is key.
If you’re a strong team player and believe that our clients and their communities will love working with you, we’d like to hear from you.
Our new Community Manager will:
- Create monthly content plans and manage approvals with client
- Assist with creation, conception, and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns
- Communicate and coordinate with project management, marketing and creative teams to ensure that community strategy supports overall brand goals and objectives
- Brief Designers on social images
- Receive and respond to client requests for ad-hoc posts
- Schedule and manage content posting
- Help and respond to community queries timeously, particularly in a retail environment
- Escalate queries and comments to clients where relevant
- Monitor and track sentiment across social pages and escalate risks as they arise
- Monitor online conversations and participating in those conversations to build brand visibility where appropriate
- Generate monthly reports in conjunction with the Marketing Director and Project Manager
- Manage timelines to ensure content is delivered, approved and posted on time
- Feedback to the Marketing Director on community content and growth strategies
- Stay informed about industry and social trends, emerging technologies and social media platforms
- Relevant tertiary education
- 3 years’ experience in a related role
- Copywriting and Proofreading Skills
- Ability to adapt copywriting for various brand tones and audiences
- Community Management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- A positive attitude with the ability to rally a team
- The ability to effectively manage multiple pages simultaneously
- Must love dogs
- Portuguese speaking would be advantageous (but not necessary)
- Willing to monitor and manage communities over weekends, with backup where necessary
We’re looking for someone who…
- Learns fast!
- Is highly organised and detail orientated.
- Is passionate about social and helping people.
- Works effectively under pressure.
- Takes initiative, doesn’t wait for instruction and can manage their own time.
- Is completely dependable.
- Is able to deal directly with clients.
- A natural problem-solver and solution finder.
Why we think you’ll love working with us:
- Working with clients of all sizes, from startups to corporates, both local and international.
- Our organised, disciplined, talented and crazy team.
- Our passion for process and efficiency.
- Fresh lunches every day and a fridge full of chocolate dessert.
- Our regular office dogs, Yoyo and Huey.
- Strong, collaborative relationships with our clients.
- Light and bright offices in Gardens.
- Letter of Motivation
- Portfolio or samples of copywriting
Email the above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note no applications will be accepted without the above items. Should you not hear back from us by 15 September, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.