Remuneration: Market-related based on experience
Location: Cape Town, Gardens
Education level: Tertiary
Job level: Mid
If you have a passion for cross-channel digital design and want to create crafted work that achieves real results, then keep reading. Now Boarding is looking for a meticulous Digital Designer to join our fun-loving, digital and creative agency. We work with well-known South African and global brands, corporates and startups, and no two projects are ever the same. Our specialisations are UX/UI and digital design, but our team also works on traditional brand, marketing and above the line campaigns.
We thrive on creativity and collaborative relationships with our clients and we’re passionate about results-driven, conceptual thinking and pixel-perfect design. What sets us apart from many agencies is that we work in a lean and agile environment, and we like to move fast!
We are looking for an imaginative, driven and enthusiastic well-rounded designer. Candidates must have 3 to 5 years relevant agency experience and be able to create simple solutions to complex problems. Some UX/UI design experience would also be advantageous. If you’re a strong team player and you operate best where people, design and business meet, we’d like to hear from you.
We’d like you to…
- You will be responsible for creating design work across all consumer touch points, with a key focus on digital.
- Collaborate with Product & Marketing Teams to conceptualise and create optimised digital campaign assets (social, banners, emails, animations including landing pages, animated videos, support & sales documentation, HTML5 banners) that connect with viewers and speak to the business’ goals.
- Create and maintain ongoing marketing and brand assets, ensure consistency of brand guidelines across all new design elements.
- Work in an agile fashion and be prepared to work iteratively.
- Work independently, but with support from the broader creative team, as well as the Creative Director.
- Remain up-to-date with the latest digital and technology trends.
- Relevant tertiary education
- 3 – 5 years of relevant digital design experience
- A strong foundation in brand design principles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrable mastery of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- An outstanding body of work demonstrating the successful delivery of design solutions across a wide variety of channels
We’re looking for someone who…
- Learns fast and is able to grasp the requirements of a project quickly
- Collaborates comfortably with our local and offshore teams and clients
- Is highly detail-oriented
- Works well and effectively under pressure
- Takes initiative, doesn’t wait for instruction and manages their own time
- Is completely dependable
What we think you’ll love about working with us:
- Challenging projects in a wide variety of industries
- Working with businesses of all sizes, from startups to corporates, both local and international
- Our fun, crazy, talented and incredibly smart team
- Unlimited online training, we love it if you want to learn
- Delicious lunches every day
- Our office dog, Huey
- Awesome, collaborative relationships with our clients
If you think you’re the right person…
Please send a Letter of Motivation, your CV and your Portfolio to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!