Remuneration: Market related
Location: Cape Town, Gardens
Education level: Tertiary
Job level: Mid to Senior
We’re looking for an experienced digital project manager to join our fast-growing, agile and quirky digital and creative agency. At Now Boarding, we create captivating digital products, and help our clients take them to market. Our specialisations are UX/UI design and digital marketing, and we work with well-known SA and global brands, corporates and startups.
Project Management is a core part of our value offering. We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager who enjoys engaging with clients, speaks “dev” like a second language and can keep a number of projects running successfully in parallel. A proven track record in Project Management is key, with some technical knowledge being strongly advantageous.
If you’re a strong team player and believe that our clients and partners will love working with you, we’d like to hear from you.
Our new Project Manager will:
- Run projects from kick-off to delivery, in conjunction with our Designers, Marketers and Directors.
- Define project scope, goals, budgets, deliverables and dependencies in conjunction with the relevant Director.
- Prepare project timelines and work with creative, operations and traffic to ensure milestones and deadlines are met.
- Prepare the necessary documentation to ensure smooth and successful projects.
- Keep clients informed throughout projects and manage expectations.
- Identify risks upfront and effectively mitigate and manage these with our crew and clients.
- Perform Quality Control on projects and ensure delivery against expected standards.
- Ensure that projects are completely on time, and on budget.
- Report to the Directors on project profitability and future project optimisation suggestions.
- Relevant tertiary education
- Project management experience (preferably with some technical knowledge or background)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Financial aptitude and ability to manage budgets
- A positive attitude with the ability to rally a team
- The ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in a preferred project management tool or methodology
- Must love dogs
We’re looking for someone who…
- Learns fast and is able to grasp the requirements of a project quickly.
- Is highly organised and detail orientated.
- Is passionate about digital and technology.
- Works effectively under pressure while keeping the team calm and motivated.
- Takes initiative, doesn’t wait for instruction and can manage their own time.
- Is completely dependable.
- A natural problem-solver and able to pull a project back on track when the unexpected comes up.
- Can effectively manage clients, even when things aren’t going quite to plan.
Why we think you’ll love working with us:
- Projects across a wide variety of industries.
- Working with clients of all sizes, from startups to corporates, both local and international.
- Our organised, disciplined, talented and crazy team.
- Our passion for process and efficiency.
- Fresh lunches every day and a fridge full of chocolate dessert.
- Our regular office dogs, Yoyo and Huey.
- Strong, collaborative relationships with our clients.
- Light and bright offices in Gardens.
- Letter of Motivation
Please note no applications will be accepted without the above items. Should you not hear back from us by 25 August, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.