Remuneration: Market-related based on experience
Location: Cape Town, Gardens
Education level: Tertiary
Job level: Mid
If you have a passion for marketing strategy, cross-channel digital marketing and designing campaigns that achieve results, then keep reading. Now Boarding is looking for a Marketing Strategist to join our fun-loving, dynamic and innovative agency. We work with well-known South African and global brands, corporates and startups, and no two projects are ever the same. Our specialisations are Product UX/UI Design and Digital Marketing, but our team also works on traditional brand, marketing and above the line campaigns.
We thrive on collaborative, long-term relationships with our clients and we’re passionate about results-driven, conceptual thinking. What sets us apart from many agencies is that we work in a lean and agile environment, and we like to move fast!
We are looking for an imaginative, driven and enthusiastic Marketing Strategist to grow and run our Marketing vertical. Candidates must have 3 to 5 years experience and be able to conceptualise marketing strategies and plans for clients, as well as execute the campaigns they plan.
We’d like you to…
- Identify Marketing opportunities within our existing client base, and opportunities with new clients.
- Nurture and convert Marketing leads into projects.
- Design Marketing strategies and measurement metrics that meet client objectives and budgets.
- Be a valuable part of our product discovery and ideation team, ensuring marketing is always considered in the bigger picture.
- Brief and work with our internal creative team to design campaign concepts and visual executions that meet the campaign objectives.
- Work with specialist partners (PPC, SEO, Analytics) to execute on the above strategies and campaigns, and optimise efforts and budgets throughout campaigns.
- Work with our internal Community Manager to design and implement social media strategies and content plans that meet business and campaign objectives.
- Craft and implement email marketing and lead nurturing strategies for clients.
- Manage your projects from strategy through to creative execution, implementation, management, optimisation and reporting.
- Remain the central point of communication with clients throughout campaigns or projects.
- Report back to clients on the effectiveness of campaigns and optimisation suggestions.
- Drive Now Boarding’s own marketing, in conjunction with the broader team.
- Work independently, but with support from the broader team, as well as the Managing Director.
- A passion for marketing and technology, and an obsession with seeing results
- Relevant tertiary education
- 3 – 5 years of relevant digital marketing and strategy experience across various industries
- A broad knowledge of the digital marketing arsenal available
- Experience using a wide variety of marketing tools and channels
- A solid track record demonstrating the successful strategy, planning and management of campaigns
- Some experience in business development and the ability to secure new clients
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively work across multiple projects simultaneously
We’re looking for someone who…
- Is able to grasp new business concepts and requirements quickly across various industries
- Collaborates comfortably with our local and offshore teams and clients
- Is highly detail-oriented
- Works well and effectively under pressure
- Takes initiative, doesn’t wait for instruction and manages their own time
- Is completely dependable
- Is willing to roll up their sleeves and get involved with implementing their campaign plans where necessary
Why we hope you’ll love working with us…
- Challenging projects in a wide variety of industries
- Working with businesses of all sizes, from startups to corporates, both local and international
- Our fun, creative, crazy, talented and incredibly smart team
- Strong, collaborative relationships with our clients
- Unlimited online training, we love it if you want to learn
- Delicious lunches every day
- Our office dogs, Huey and Odo
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of Motivation
- CV, including examples of campaigns or projects with demonstrable results
Please note no applications will be accepted without the above items.
Should you not hear back from us by 14 June 2019, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
We might require that you tackle a marketing challenge in order for us to assess your style and competence.